The Liebster Award
I don’t quite know how, but I seem to have received an award! I’m a bit astonished since I have only been blogging for less than a month. Thank you very much to Daniel Budiarto a.k.a. Sky Sairyou, who nominated me. You can find out all about his amazingly thoughtful blog here.
The Liebster Award, as far as I can tell, is like a chain letter. You nominate 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers, answer 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you and tell 11 facts about yourself. You also thank your nominator and set your nominees 11 new questions. I hope I’ve remembered everything!
I’m going to answer the questions first…
If money were a nonissue, what would you do?
I would start my own bookshop or library.
If there were a giant DELETE button, what would you erase completely off the earth?
Nuclear weapons because they terrify me.
Name anybody famous, living or dead, whom you would like to have dinner with.
What would you talk about with (3)?
How she wrote her books and why. Where did she get the ideas for the mysteries and could she give me any advice for writing my own?
Summarize why you write in one or two words.
Love of words.
If you had one one-way ticket to live in outer space, would you go?
Not on my own. If I can take people with me then maybe. I’m happy here.
If all books were to disappear from the universe but one, what would you want it to be?
Such a hard question! How can a person with so many books answer this one? Maybe The Dictionary so we still know about all the words and can start writing new books.
Describe your writing routine.
I aspire to have one but don’t have one yet! For the blog, I write after work and before my husband gets home, and at weekends I fit around whatever else I’m doing. Occasionally I write a few words to start the day before I set off to work.
How do you get inspiration?
I wish I got more. From everyday life and places I’ve been, and from experiences in teaching five year olds.
If you could be anybody other than yourself on Earth, who?
Happy being me!
What was the kindest thing you have ever done to a complete stranger?
I honestly can’t think of anything. Does that make me a terrible person?
Now for some facts:
1. I got married in August last year.
2. Only my husband knows that I have taken up blogging.
3. I have recently starting jogging and I’m terrible at it.
4. I decided to teach because I loved my own education and wanted to pass that on!
5. I really want to get a dog.
6. I worry about almost everything.
7. I support Blackburn Rovers and own at least 17 replica kits even though their kit never changes much!
8. I have never read a book by Charles Dickens or George Orwell.
9. I will be 29 next month.
10. I can’t stand bananas.
11. I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Kings of Leon, but also Pink and No Doubt.
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favourite animal and why?
2. How long have you been writing?
3. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
4. What is your greatest fear?
5. If you had a week off to read right now, what book would you read?
6. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
7. What do you do to relax?
8. How many books do you read in a year?
9. If you wrote a mystery, who would be the culprit and how did they cover it up?
10. What kind of weather do you like most?
11. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
And now, drum roll please…
… Here are my nominees for 11 more amazing blogs!
1. Me, Bookshelf and I MissMelvis writes about books in her excellent blog.
2. The Perks of Being a Bookworm Brilliant blog about reading and other things I like a lot. Mainly books.
3. The Amateur Librarian Writes about books, clothes and crafts.
4. Books on the Tube Katherine reads “must read” books on the underground and writes a fabulous blog about it.
5. Flower Faerie Lives Life Another fellow book lover and book blogger.
6. Dilettante Artiste Does lots of book challenges and writing.
7. You book me all night long Another book obsessed blog I enjoy.
8.Girl with thoughts, Beware. Interesting writing about books and TV.
9. The Book Trail Books and travel all in one blog.
10. Doing it the open way Blogging every day in May with some interesting posts about life.
11. Books and Looks I’ve just discovered this blog about books and outfits.
Thank you to all of the above for entertaining me, and thanks again to Daniel for the nomination.