To help me read some of the more obscure titles I have acquired on my giant to-read list I have decided to take up another challenge that I will start in June. The books I read for it will count towards my Readarama tally, but it will help me to read other genres I hope. It’s called The 2013 Eclectic Reader Challenge, and it is hosted by Book’d out.
To participate you have to read and review twelve books, in twelve categories. I have tried to think which titles I own I can use, and here is my potential reading list (subject to change):
1. Translated fiction – Jo Nesbø Nemesis
2. Historical mystery – CJ Sansom Dark Fire
3. Romantic suspense – Siri Hustvet What I Loved
4. Made into a movie – Jeffery Deaver The Bone Collector
5. New Adult – Rachel Caine Feast of Fools
6. Urban Fantasy – Neil Gaiman Neverwhere
7. Dystopian – Justin Cronin The Twelve or Kurt Vonnegut Slaughterhouse Five
8. Memoir – Agatha Christie An Autobiography
9. LGBT – Annie Proulx Brokeback Mountain
10. Action Adventure – Eric Van Lustbader Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Legacy
11. Humour – Simon Pegg Nerd Do Well
12. Published in 2013 – ?
I think I will have to borrow or buy something to qualify for the last category – it is the only one where I own nothing.
If you have any suggestions for any of the above categories, especially if they appear on my to-read list please let me know below.